Monday, May 05, 2008

A GLASTONBURY TALE (15)

Hopes, Dreams & Wishful Thinking

So, there are still some 'Very Special Guests' to be confirmed. Now here's who I think should be contenders

Portishead. With their new album; 3rd out (it's one of my birthday presents ;-)) and the fact that they aren't playing any festivals (read that in the 12 April Telegraph Magazine interview) this summer and their reclusive gigging nature, it would be great.
[Myspace, Official website, YouTube - Glory Box]

The Sex Pistols. Various rumours that they will play Glastonbury, I so hope so. I missed them in Sheffield when they played 'The Mucky Duck' (The Black Swan pub) the first time around. I saw The Clash, The Ramones, The Damned, Generation X... This would be a completion thing.
[History from punk77, Wikipedia, sex-pistols.net, johnlydon.com, punkrockers.com, YouTube - Anarchy]

Led Zeppelin. Secretly, this is why I bought my ticket. I'm over the moon with who is playing. If I only get to see one band, I'll be happy, contented, wish-fulfilled, chilled-out and be able to take the rest of what life has to throw at me. But, Led Zepellin... What a back catalogue to plunder. But Led Zeppelin though!
[Official website, Achilles Last Stand, YouTube - Stairway..., Wikipedia]

Guns 'N Roses. Guns 'N Roses play the whole of Chinese Democracy, announce its release date and it's for sale exclusively at Glasto. Now that is wishful thinking...
[website, MySpace, geffen, Wikipedia]

Well, you can but dream...

(Oh, and Blind Guardian fly in from Germany play a set that includes the trailer from Sacred 2, as well as 'Welcome to Dying', 'Under The Ice', 'Sadly Sings Destiny', 'Mordred's Song', 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Bard's Song - In The Forest' among others and blow everyone else away. 'Welcome to Welcome to, Welcome, to dying...)


RP


Copyright © 2008 THE GREEN ORCHARD Ltd. All rights reserved.
All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.

No comments: