Monday, April 21, 2008

A GLASTONBURY TALE (1)

Beginnings
At the foot of the Tor

The Isle of Glass,
The Vale of Avalon,
steeped in history, mystery and legend, it draws people from all over the world and not least for The Glastonbury Festival.

The Glastonbury Festival has a wonderful history which is well documented elsewhere. I am going to focus upon my first visit to the Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts (to give it its full title). The festival itself is held in Pilton which is several miles outside of Glastonbury proper but the tor casts its argus like eye over the site...

from afar...

I've always wanted to go and wished I'd gone sooner but now feels right. I'm off with my wife, Mu and we're camping. My son (his 3rd Glastonbury) is going as is my daughter with her boyfriend (their 1st time). They are taking their campervan, my son is camping with mates.

We're registered and tickets are ordered. We went down to Glastonbury on Saturday, it was misty and raining but the whole area had a majesty. We came through Pilton and on into Glastonbury on a route we'll take when we travel there on the Wednesday.

Direction...

We pulled up at (we are not) Worthy Farm. The only telltale sign that great things are going to happen is a 'variation of premises licence' poster tied to the gate...


down on the farm

All deliveries - that'll be the beer then...


RP


Copyright © 2008 THE GREEN ORCHARD Ltd. All rights reserved.
All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.

No comments: