Wednesday, November 08, 2006

hypnotic electronic - while the mouse is away

Soundtrack of my day: Tangerine Dream - Phaedra
Watching: The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring

I'm sat here listening to Tangerine Dream, its hypnotic electronic synthesis emanating out from behind the door of my sons bedroom like the fog that has shaped the previous day's mornings. (While the mouse is away, the cat will use his stereo system!)

I finished watching The Fellowship of the Ring on DVD last night (I still get emotional when Borromir dies - the human realisation), because I can now! My dissertation's finished. As soon as I had it bound, then posted it into the collection box I felt a great weight lift and I found myself physically looking up! I noticed buildings had windows or
balconies or signs I had never seen before - a physical difference from a mental state change...
I watched Shaun of the Dead the night before. Funny, not laugh out loud but worth a watch. The artwork from 2000AD in the Extras was interesting - I missed all this when it first came out.

I ordered the book 'Art of Cthulhu Mythos' (online, Travelling Man) from Travelling Man - Bristol after trying to track it down from various shops. It's probably a £ cheaper online but I do still like going into a shop. Had an interesting chat regarding World of Warhammer TCG in said shop, the gist of which was, although simple, they had combined some of the best elements of other games. There is also the concept of prizes in sealed packets which is a nice twist.

Firefox 2.0 problem I had displaying Rackham website is fixed! I think it needed the install of Flash Player but but still not sure. Either way, I'm happy :-)

The last thing I was last night was a preview for The Lord Of The Rings: The White Council from EA. The artwork is great, take a look.

Morello's at university today on a 3D modelling workshop for Stop Motion models and I'm going to write some more Tales... before getting some sleep as I'm working 2 night shifts in HDU tonight & tomorrow.


rustle



Copyright © 2006 THE GREEN ORCHARD Ltd. All rights reserved.
All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.

No comments: