Thursday, November 09, 2006

WoW - now that's what I call dedication

Soundtrack of my day: Mastadon - Blood Mountain

I haven't played World of Warcraft yet (am I the only person left?) I intend to. I read about journo types meeting 'online' as 'the thing to do!' in some newspaper article recently. I picture myself waltzing into the virtual world, doing a little exploring, maybe having to do a little swordplay, then congratulating myself, patting myself on the back. Then I read an article in PC Gamer Dec 2006 on 'The Grind' where gamers are spending 15 hours a day, playing to become the top ranking 'High Warlord'! 15 hours a day! All that time consists of killing characters like me, I don't stand a chance. Well, I can just hear the the conversation between the two journalists. "Oh hi, you made it", "Yes, it's really great here isn't it?", "Aaarrgghhhh!', "What the? Aaarrgghhh!".

See you in WoW - for a really short period of time (probably)...


rustle



Copyright © 2006 THE GREEN ORCHARD Ltd. All rights reserved.
All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.

No comments: