Monday, October 16, 2006

Night Night!

Soundtrack of my day: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth
Watching: Lost - Series 2, Part 2 on DVD


I often don't watch or read things as soon as I get them. I have things I bought years ago and am saving for a rainy day. It's a trait I have. This brings an interesting dimension to context, especially for reviews. However, in the following case, I only waited about a week!

I like to read the book before I watch the film, I like a logical flow from beginning to end. An example is JG Ballard's 'Crash' - I won't watch the film until I've read the book, which is some way off as I am reading 'The Drowned World' at the moment and I have two others to read before that! However, in this case I was compelled. Compelled to watch Night Watch [Nochnoi Dozor], and what a watch...

The Russian accent gives a great feel.
It starts out like Lord Of The Rings with more ketchup and then switches to a grimy James Bond through the looking glass.
Followed by a stream of action and metaphor.
And this is only part 1 of 3!
I loved it!

All that stands between light and darkness
is a knowledge of cyrillic, an encyclopedic understanding of vampire mythology from inception to date and love of cerebro-visual stroboscopics.

Can't wait to read Sergei Lukyanenko's novel and the following 'Day Watch' and 'Dusk Watch'


rustle



Copyright © 2006 THE GREEN ORCHARD Ltd. All rights reserved.
All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.

No comments: