Sunday, September 03, 2006

Here goes...

It's very strange writing in this medium at first, I almost feel naked. I've always written privately and in an unpublished fashion but I want this to be out there...

I set up THE GREEN ORCHARD Ltd with 'Morello' as a vehicle for our creative output (she's the creative one, I just think I am). It's a long and slow business but from the outset we didn't want to be borrowing money from banks, getting into debt and eventually crashing & burning. You see, I gave up my job in a large American IT corporation after many years to do something useful and creative. I had some time off and that's when we decided to set up THE GREEN ORCHARD - it's a place that will bear digital fruit!

It initially supported Morello's degree in Fine Art but has been evolving to its present state supporting her MA in Animation and my writing. I'll pull Morello's work into this blog as it develops as she's more your shy, retiring daisy. I'm the White deadnettle. It's all only saplings at the moment but with the right watering and manure they're starting to develop.

What you'll find interwoven throughout this blog is a combination of thoughts, poems, images and more importantly, this is where I'm releasing my books - bit by bit. One day I'll be famous but I promise, here and now I won't be a celebrity. If I make some money sure I'll buy some stuff; a Landrover Defender 90, a simple cottage/house in Lyme Regis and indulge my passion for collecting books, like every one of the Rupert annuals but I'll put the rest about.

It's not a full time preoccupation yet as I'm just at the end of training to be a nurse so I've got a dissertation to write! However, from here on in, now I've got this preamble over it's going to be focused upon my first book 'Tales...'.

Hey, I've just spell checked this and found that 'blog' isn't in the spellchecker - it kind of needs to be ;-)

Rustle.



Copyright © 2006 THE GREEN ORCHARD Ltd. All rights reserved.
All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.

No comments: