Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Rats In The Walls...

Soundtrack of my day:
Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth
Yes - Close To The Edge


Is that scratching I can hear?
It must be the rats in the walls.
I'd rather they stay in the walls than come out to play!
Fortunately, I've never had a problem with rats at any of the houses I've lived in. I've had mice and they were big enough thankyou. I've also had a bat in the bedroom once.
The metaphorical rats in the walls can become a real problem if just left alone and that's something I must address. I find it all too easy to busy myself with all that is happening around me and leave the rats to be well, rats! I then spend a lot of time having to blitz all the issues that have built up and I have to become a full-blown exterminator! It takes me away from what I want to be doing.

So, the next time I hear the rats in my walls, I'll stomp around a bit and scare them off, before they come out and play...

And with that in mind - here's one rat I wouldn't mind seeing come out to play



This rat plays a staring role in Morello's Plate 2: And they danced to it, after a fashion from her illustration of THE MISSION. No name as yet (or sex for that matter) and it's one of two.


Keep the faith... rustle



Copyright © 2006 THE GREEN ORCHARD Ltd. All rights reserved.
All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.

No comments: